You may remember this red dress from this post (and the first episode of my show!). It's the perfect example of how accessories can really change the look of a dress. Add some leopard accents and darker hair and I suddenly feel like a whole new woman. ;-) Other ways to change up a dress:
- Add a shirt and wear it as a skirt.
- Add a skirt and wear it as a shirt.
- Add a scarf - around the waist, the neck, etc.
- Add a blazer or cardigan.
- Add leggings and wear it as a shirt.
- Add a belt and/or switch out the self-tie if it comes with one.
- Add a statement necklace.
- Add a collared shirt or turtleneck underneath.
Of course not every trick works for every dress, and you can also do more than one at the same time! What are your tricks for making your dresses feel new again?
Dress: Forever 21, $16
Belt: Urban Outfitters, $20
Shoes: H&M, $18
Necklace: My Stella & Dot website
Necklace: c/o Catherine Nicole
Watch: Michael Kors, family gift
Bracelets: H&M, Forever 21
|Red dress options|
1. American Eagle dress, $24.99
2. Express dress, $54
3. Urban Outfitters dress, $39.99