I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really don't like dress pants. Last year I discovered one kind that I dig though - the cropped trouser - and they have (somewhat) changed my mind on the topic. I think they are a chic update to the usual wide leg or bootcut dress pant, they remind me of all the pants I saw women wearing in London this fall, and I especially love that they show off your shoes. What do I look for in a cropped trouser?
- Something that hits mid-calf to right above the ankle.
- Something that tapers and gets slightly tighter at the bottom of the pant. (Wide leg crops remind me a bit of coolots!)
- Something in an interesting fabric like these thick gray wool pants, or the green ones from ASOS below.
Do you wear cropped pants? What qualities do you look for in dress pants?
Inspiration photo: Marie a la Mode
Shirt: Express, really old
Pants: Gap, $20
Shoes: Bandolino via TJ Maxx, $25
Necklace: Westminster Abbey gift shop, $35
Purse: Borrowed from a friend
1. Anne Klein cropped trouser, $29.99
2. ASOS cropped trouser, $34.92
3. Nic + Zoe via 6pm cropped trouser, $43.10