Here's what I bought with my August budget. Mostly fall items, with a couple end-of-summer sale items found at a bargain:
1. Target mustard cords, $22. I think mustard cords are going to be a staple for me this fall/winter. Planning to try on a couple more pairs before I commit to these, but I really like this pair from Target.
2. Target burgundy jeans, $22. Burgundy is my favorite color for fall, I already want to wear these jeans non-stop.
3. American Eagle jeans, $25. I needed a good pair of dark wash skinnies to kick off fall, and these were the perfect fit and wash.
4. H&M cropped pants, $18. (similar) I wanted to add cropped work pants to my closet and loved this trendy print.
5. LOFT cropped pants, $25. Another pair of cropped pants, and a bit of a end-of-summer steal, but I'm also planning to wear these with fall colors.
6. Marshalls shirt, $13. It was all about the color with this shirt - I've been hunting for something in this exact shade of blue for over a year!
7. Target shirt, $13. An end-of-summer steal that I couldn't pass up. I love this print.
8. Forever 21 blazer, $25. I don't think I've ever bought a blazer from F21, but I was walking through the store and spotted this one on a mannequin. The fit is phenomenal and definitely looks more expensive than it is. It's technically yellow, but a very subdued tone that I think will look great fall colors.
9. Limited striped top, $31. I'm loving stripes, and this top will be another staple for me this fall.
10. Banana Republic leather bag, $17. I've been stalking this bag for over a month at my local store. They had tons left, so I knew the price would go way down. Wasn't expecting to get it this cheap though! The price was $39.95 and they are running a promo this week, so with the 40% coupon they handed me, plus a credit card reward, I got this leather bag for only $17.
11. Colin Stuart sandals in nude (pictured in black), $29. I spotted my favorite shoes on MJR Sales in nude (I have them in black, pictured) and immediately snapped them up!
Total = $240. My budget is $250 per month. For more info read "How to Set a Clothing Budget."
|September wish list|
Here's what I'll be searching for in September:
1. Black leather jacket. (Victoria's Secret, $298) Hoping to find a black leather jacket with gold trimmings this winter on sale!
2. Tweed jacket. (H&M, $59 similar, similar, similar) I'm stalking this jacket at H&M right now, trying to find a store in my area with my size in stock.
3. Denim jacket. (Old Navy, $34.94) I swore I would never wear a denim jacket, but I'm rethinking that this fall. I love this one from Old Navy; it looks more expensive than it is.
4. Orange silk top. (Urban Outfitters, $69) Craving something bright orange to add to my closet.
5. Mustard sweater. (Banana Republic, $59.50) I love my mustard sweater so much I'm thinking about replacing it with this higher quality version.
6. Polka dot shirt. (Gap, $49.50) Keeping my eye on this shirt in hopes of catching it on sale later.
7. White shirtdress. (Gap, $59.50) Obsessed with this dress! Hoping to find it in the store this week so I can try it on.
8. Strappy brown heels. (Dillard's, $64.50) I want to add some brown shoes to my closet this fall, either a strappy pair like the ones pictured or some brown pointy toe pumps.
What were your great finds in August? What are you searching for in September?