|Old Navy / Old Navy / Limited / Limited|
Banana / Limited / Banana
Gap / Limited / Marshall's
Banana / Old Navy / Target / Gap / Limited
It's my favorite time of year for shopping! You simply can't beat the post-Christmas deals in stores. Here's how I spent my December budget - most items I picked up yesterday, and some I grabbed during Christmas shopping last week. Not everything is 100% final, but pretty close! Here's what I got:
1. Old Navy plaid, $17 - I can't get enough plaid lately and this top was perfect to wear on Christmas Day. I also love this red plaid shirt from Banana.
2. Old Navy fox sweater, $16 - A reader helped me track this sweater down a couple weeks ago. Using the style # (see link for it), I called the store and had one shipped to me from another city.
3. Limited bow sweater, $25 - I'm trying not to go overboard with the graphic sweater trend, but I couldn't resist this blush pink sweater on sale yesterday. I also love this bow sweater from Forever 21.
4. Limited sequin cardigan, $20 - I was crushing on this sweater last month but couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on it. I found it for half that yesterday (75% off original price) and happily scooped it up.
5. Banana burgundy cardigan, $22 - You may recall that I bought a burgundy cardigan from Banana last month for $19 - a button popped off and I don't have a replacement button so I decided to pick up a replacement sweater. Still hoping to fix the other one, but I also love the four front pockets on this version.
6. Limited striped skirt, $25 - I bought this on Black Friday and only recently decided to keep it. It's soft and comfy and I can't wait to pair it with boots.
7. Banana navy top, $20 - A classic piece that I will wear for years, and grabbed on sale yesterday.
8. Gap hat, $10 - I immediately regretted this purchase. No idea how I'm going to pull this hat off, but I just might try!
9. Limited necklace, $20 - I used a $15-off coupon they were handing out in the store yesterday for this price. Not entirely sure I'm keeping it yet.
10. Marshall's shoes, $28 - The Me Too shoes pictured are very similar to the ones I picked up at Marshall's on clearance yesterday, but mine have a slight wedge. I need more practical almost-flat shoes in my closet and I love the cap toe.
11. Banana white dress, $24 - I fell in love with this dress a couple months ago and am beyond psyched I found one at this price! I need to have it altered (none of the sizes fit perfectly), however, the tailoring cost is worth it with that price.
12. Old Navy pink dress, $9 - This dress is much more neon than pictured, and will be perfect this spring. It was on clearance in the store, no coupon.
13. Target pink jeans, $22 - I tried on these blush pink jeans on a whim and fell in love. They also come in mint and tons of other colors online.
14. Gap velvet jeans, $24 - I ordered these from another store (my store didn't have my size). Can't wait for them to arrive.
15. Limited plaid jeans, $20 - I never would've given these jeans a second thought if they hadn't been on the clearance rack, but now that I tried them on, I love them.
Grand Total = $302
My budget is $250 per month. I had $26 left from last month's budget and will either carry over the remaining $30 into January's budget, or return an item. To learn more see "How To Set a Clothing Budget."
|LOFT / Ann Taylor / Gap|
Also, an update on mint skinnies. I tried on all three of these while Christmas shopping and loved all of them. The Gap ones are my favorite color-wise, but I liked the length of the LOFT ones better. I'm waiting for a good sale/promo on the Gap ones and will likely scoop them up. All three are good options though!
What deals did you score in December? What items are on your January wish list?