Here's a recap of everything I bought in January and February! Items on my wish list that I crossed off include mint jeans, nude pointy toe pumps, a sheath work dress, cobalt blazer, and dark skinny jeans. I also picked up a bunch of t-shirts for casual days and a few fun, trendy items like the neon anorak. But my overall goal was to buy quality versus quantity, and pieces that I will wear to death. What items have you invested in this year? What items are on your spring wish list?
1. Zara jacket, $90 (similar, similar, similar)
2. Zara jacket, $40 (similar, similar, similar)
3. F21 mint jeans, $25
4. F21 mint tank, $7 (similar)
5. J.Crew shirt, $35 (similar, similar)
6. Piperlime pumps, $32
7. DSW Audrey Brooke, $20 (similar)
8. Gap t-shirts, $9
1. This jacket was a huge chunk of my budget, but well worth the investment. I've already worn it ten times and plan to love it for years to come. It was on sale, original price $130.
2. Another sale purchase (I don't recall the original price) and another classic ladylike jacket that I'll love forever. I have nothing similar in my closet.
3. After a year-long hunt, I finally crossed off mint jeans on my wish list! I also acquired these Gap mint jeans c/o.
4. An undershirt / summer tank in the perfect shade of mint.
5. I added yet another silk campshirt to my collection with this top from J.Crew. I couldn't pass up the in-store sale price; the Blythe blouse is usually $110 full price.
6. My hunt for nude, pointy toe pumps ended when I found this brand-name pair for a steal online.
7. Buying out-of-season sometimes pays off, like these sandals on sale at DSW (original price I believe is $90). I will be wearing them a ton this summer.
8. I used $20 in Gap rewards to get these three t-shirts for $9 total. I love the neon colors (periwinkle, orange and pink) and they are perfect for casual days.
1. Banana dress, $50 Christmas gift card
2. H&M jeans, $32 (similar, similar, similar)
3. Limited anorak, $37
4. F21 cobalt blazer, $30
5. F21 Journey shirt, $18
6. Limited cardigan, $30
7. Express cardigan, $27
8. Express aztec t-shirt, $25
9. Limited belt, $20
10. Ann Taylor lace shirt, $30
11. Old Navy mint tee, $10 (similar)
1. I've been on the hunt for classic work sheaths in fun colors and this one was $70 in the store (only petite sizes), plus an extra 25% off sale promo. I used a $50 gift card from Christmas so only wound up paying a few dollars for it.
11. Another great casual t-shirt, found on clearance.
My monthly budget is $250 (I had a little left over from December). For more info, please see "How to Set a Clothing Budget."