Pink: Pink is without a doubt the number one color on everyone’s minds this spring. There is no wrong way to wear it, and hues range from blush pink to brilliant magenta. Pick one that works for you!
1. Banana Republic Silk Flouncy Ruffle Tank, $69.50
2. Limited Yoke Panel Pencil Skirt, $59.90
3. Gap Skinny Leather Bow Belt, $24.50
4. Limited High Neck Ruffle Top, $39.90
5. Modcloth Second Interview Top, $52.99
6. Banana Republic Cotton Slub Roll-Up Tee, $39.50
Maxi dresses: Maxi-lengths were seen all over the runway. Try this trend in real life with a print or material you love (you’re wearing a lot of it, after all!). Pair with flats for a beachy look or dress it up with heels for a night out.
1. Victoria’s Secret Ruffle Maxi Dress, $78
2. Old Navy Jersey Cross-Front Maxi Dress, $29.50
3. Charlotte Russe Halter Striped Maxi Dress, $26.99
4. The Unique Closet Medallion Beaded Mermaid Maxi Dress, $42.50
Wedges: One of the easiest ways to update your wardrobe is with new shoes. This spring, the ’70s are back in a major way, and with that comes a resurgence of the wedge shoe. Bonus: they’re adorable and comfy!
1. American Eagle Strappy Wedge Sandal, $49.50
2. Nine West Nacia, $89 on Piperlime.com
3. MIA Biscotti, $59 on Piperlime.com
4. MIA Piazza, $79 on Piperlime.com
Tie-Neck Tops: I like to think of a tie-neck top as the woman’s version of necktie. It’s professional, but still super-feminine. Wear it with boyish trousers or a pencil skirt to work, or with a sweater layered on top so that the tie hangs down the front!
1. ASOS Pussybow Short Sleeve Blouse, $44.83
2. Modcloth Amour, Amour Top, $64.99
3. Gap Chambray Tie Neck Blouse, $59.95
4. ASOS Short Sleeve Chiffon Mix Pussy Bow Blouse, $35.86
Flares: As another nod to the '70's, the flare jean is also a huge trend for spring. Wear with the aforementioned wedge shoe for some seriously long legs and a laid-back style!
1. Express Rerock Flare Leg Extended Tab Jean, $98
2. Gap New Wide Leg Trouser Jeans, $69.50
3. American Eagle ’77 Hi-Rise Flare Jean, $49.50
White Dresses: White dresses are everywhere. This delicate frock will look great with a summer tan, but it can also be worn under a green army jacket and brown boots to transition it through spring!
1. American Eagle White Corset Tube Dress, $39.50
2. Reformed by the Reformation Blanche Dress, $78 at Urban Outfitters
3. Old Navy Gauze Crochet-Trim Dress, $29.50
4. Delia’s Lace Shirtdress, $44.50
Floral: Nothing screams spring like a bunch of flowers, and that is exactly what retailers are giving us this season. Florals come in all shapes, sizes and colors, so pick one that appeals to your style and body type, and wear away!
1. Express Ruffled-Front Belted Dress, $79.90
2. Old Navy Pintucked Blouson Tunic, $26.50
3. Ann Taylor LOFT Poppy Explosion Shell, $49.50
4. Modcloth Sequined Garden Top, $57.99
5. Limited Printed Poncho, $49.90
6. The Unique Closet Forever Young Floral Crochet Top, $42.50
7. Forever 21 Rosy Print Tunic, $17.80
8. Forever 21 Painted Tulips Skirt, $13.80
Pool Hues: Bright colors in all shades were seen on the catwalks, but bright blue pool hues really stood out. Don’t be afraid to give these gorgeous blues and turquoise tones a try come warmer temps!
1. ASOS Linen Tailored Pencil Dress, $53.79
2. Forever 21 Refined Capsleeve Dress, $27.80
3. Charlotte Russe Ruffle Front A-Line Dress, $19.99
4. Express Bubble-Sleeve Top, $29.90
Shoulders: It’s all in the details this spring—shoulder details, that is. Try an open-shoulder tee for a casual, funky look or wear this trend to work with a blouse that has ruffled shoulders.
1. LOFT Ruffle Shoulder Knit Top, $49.50
2. Nasty Gal Fresh Cut Top, $48
3. ASOS Layer T-Shirt, $35.86
4. Sparkle & Fade Cutout Detail Sweatshirt, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Lace: Lace popped up as a trend in fall 2010, and it’s still going strong! Pick summery, lighter pieces that will take you through the hotter season.
1. Modcloth Hello Doily Top, $67.99
2. Limited Lace Pencil Skirt, $69.90
3. Varga Love In Lace Dress, $36
4. LOFT Lace Tee, $79.50
YOUR TURN: What trends are you most excited for this spring? What pieces will you be adding to your spring wardrobe this year?
[This is a guest post for Shecky's.com. You can see the post on their website here.]