I headed to Kohl's last night to check out two recent clothing line launches - Elie Tahari for DesigNation, and the ELLE Limited Edition Runway Collection. (My friends at ShopStyle asked me to share both lines on the blog, but all ideas for this post, opinions and editorial decisions are solely my own.) I wanted to see the lines in person before sharing them with you guys so here's what I found:
- First up, the two ELLE dresses above - cobalt and black and white. I loved the overall fit, ruffles on the shoulders and pockets. The cobalt dress had a slightly faded look to it; I liked the vibrant black and white fabric better.
- The ELLE trench with black piping is a soft material with an empire waist. I have the belt tied behind me in the photo. I really like this style, it reminds me of my trench with black sleeves that I wear to death and it looked great paired with the dress.
- Next up is an Elie Tahari dress. The mesh panels on the shoulders are very sexy - who knew showing just a sliver of skin could be so provocative? The fit was fabulous on this dress, which made it look a lot more expensive than it is.
- You can master layering in one step with this two-in-one Elie Tahari top. The print on the shirt is upside down skyscrapers. The pants/leggings (also Elie Tahari) are a soft scuba material with an elastic waistband - thicker than traditional leggings and ridiculously comfy.
- I think this graphic Elie Tahari top would look great with slimmer bottoms like black skinny jeans. The pants were a size too big for me, but I loved them so much. You could wear them around the house as sweatpants, or you could dress them up with heels, especially with loose pants being a big trend right now. Talk about versatile!
- The Elie Tahari motorcycle jacket is a lightweight suede material and would look good tossed over just about anything. The floral dress is by Vera Wang and I immediately thought of it for an upcoming vacation.
Have you seen these two lines at Kohl's? What was your experience? Which items do you like the most? Check out more favorites I found online, below!