Yesterday I live tweeted my journey through my favorite shopping day of the year: the day after Christmas sales! These photos are from my Twitter feed and this is a recap of some of what I found.
My first stop the day after Christmas is always my favorite store: Banana Republic. In years past they've done 50% off sale until noon, but this year the promo was running all day, as well as online (through 12/28 - use code BRWINTER).
1. Lace top, $17 - This is pink lace top I featured on the blog here. it was only $17 in the store yesterday! (I've never seen the pink color online, but there were some in both stores I visited.)
2. Blue dress, $65 - Loved this dress but this size was all wrong for me - they only had Petites in the store.
3. Wrap top, $13 - This shirt was so soft and cozy, but it drew way too much attention to the stomach area for my liking.
4. Military shirt, $25 - Another soft and cozy shirt. I passed on it and ordered a similar shirt in silk online (pictured below) instead.
The reason the day after Christmas is so good for clothes shopping is that they discount the clothes AND run promos (whereas on Black Friday you'll only get promos). I couldn't help but check out some of the new arrivals though!
1. LOFT, $45 - This neoprene dress is a new arrival so it wasn't on sale. They were running a 50% off promo full price though (same online). I also tried on this snow leopard dress and really liked it.
2. White House Black Market, $59 - This dress I blogged about here is on sale now for $59. The silver one is now $89. Didn't purchase either yet.
3. Ann Taylor, $149 - This dress was full price, no promos yesterday but I had to tweet a picture because it was so cute! I'll be watching for when it goes it on sale!
Macy's had huge tables of Michael Kors purses on clearance - it was handbag heaven!
1. Coach, $225 with promo - This blush pink Coach bag is a new arrival but with the 25% off promotion in the store yesterday it was discounted. Waiting for spring and may have to get it then!
2. Michael Kors, $200 with promo - This burgundy MK bag was on the clearance table, plus an additional 20% off bringing it to $200. Sold out online but still in stores, or similar MK in the same color here.
I didn't find a lot in person, but once I got home I hopped online to see what other sale items were up for grabs! Banana's sale section is so good right now and everything is an additional 50% off with code BRWINTER, ends 12/28.
1. Banana Top, $27 - They didn't have any of the green color in the stores I visited, so I ordered this online.
2. Banana Top, $31 - 100% silk and I love the military style.
3. Banana Necklace, $5 - This will go great layered with the other delicate necklaces I wear.
4. MK loafers, $54 - I haven't ordered these yet but I'm tempted because they are 50% off, and I'm hunting for a pair of cognac flats.
5. Old Navy sweatshirt, $27 - I saw this in the store but they didn't have my size. I want to try it with jeans and Sperrys.
5. ON yoga top, $17 - Old Navy has the cutest yoga gear, so I ordered a couple tanks and pants to try! I think if you watched the prices on these you could get them for even less!
6. Yoga pants, $27
Overall, in my experience it wasn't the best year for day after Christmas sales (in the past I've walked out of Banana with stacks of $15 silk tops and cashmere cardigans), BUT it was still pretty good. Starting now through the beginning of January is one of (if not the best) time of year to shop for great deals on clothes. As the holidays come to a close, retailers transition into spring clothing lines, so they will keep reducing prices lower and lower to get rid of the fall/winter clothes! Happy shopping and good luck scoring some awesome deals!