Kate Spade New York
First, let’s recap our shopping trip! JJ and I had two main goals: holiday gifts for my family, and new clothes for JJ. Our first stop was easy – my sister is obsessed with Coach so it’s a yearly tradition to visit the Coach outlet for her Christmas gift. They were running a promo on wristlets – buy 2 get 20% off - so they were only $19 each. At that price, I grabbed a couple more for other members of the family and holiday gifts for friends. (Not pictured: another Coach item for my sister – it’s a surprise!)
We also visited Kate Spade New York. One of my best friends is Kate Spade obsessed and I loved this purse for her for only $70 (they are always running great promos that change daily!).
Next we headed to one of my favorites – J.Crew Factory! I love to shop there for myself, so I wanted to shop there for JJ too. We picked out two collared shirts and a couple basic t-shirts for him. The striped tee is for me - I wore it on the blog here. J.Crew Factory had a coupon for $30 off any $100 purchase that day, so our entire purchase wound up being only about $100 for all 5 items!
Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH
Our next stop was Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, which has quickly become one of my favorite stores. They sell brand-name items for amazing prices and I’ve had great luck lately - I bought my wedding shoes there, orange pumps by Ivanka Trump, Chinese Laundry sandals I wore to death this summer, and these recent ruffle tops. On this particular trip I bought the pictured lace shirt by French Connection (worn on the blog here). It was $54 at the outlet and the lowest price I could find online was $88 so I got a great deal. I also picked out the pictured Collective Concepts swim cover-up for my best friend’s birthday gift! It’s super neon in person and totally her style.
Our biggest score though? Shoes for JJ! The 2-3 pairs of sneakers he rotates are completely worn out and needed to be replaced. JJ wears orthotics so we have a hard time finding shoes that satisfy both the style part I like to weigh in on and the comfort part that is essential for him. We were blown away to find three pairs we both loved that day, at around $50 each and great brands: Steve Madden, Ben Sherman and Kenneth Cole. I think we found our new favorite spot to buy shoes for JJ!
Last but not least… we headed to the Nike outlet to buy gifts for my brother-in-law and nephews. I got my nephews similar pairs of Nike sweatpants and a Nike hoodie for my brother-in-law. I had my sister’s help via text so I think they will love them! All three items together were just under $100.
It feels great to have so much holiday shopping done and to have saved a bunch of money, too!
Here are some shopping tips for your next trip:
1. Take advantage of late hours. The outlets are usually open until 11pm, but even later during the holidays, so you can always find time in your schedule to go.
2. Set a budget. It can be tempting to buy everything in sight with such great savings and prices!
3. Pack a snack. Who wants to stop shopping for even a second? Bring your own snacks and water to maximize your shopping time.
4. Know your merchandise. Some stores offer discounted goods from the “regular” store, and some goods are made specifically for the outlets. Nothing wrong with either, but it can help you make smart purchasing decisions when you know the difference.
5. Pick up a VIP Coupon Book. Head to Simon Guest Services when you arrive to pick up a VIP Coupon Book for $5 or sign up for the VIP Shopper Club and get yours for free. It will save you money all over the outlets!
6. Compare locations. In Orlando, our two Premium Outlet centers are located within a few miles of each other. Check out their online directories to see which outlet center is best for you. And go here to locate an outlet center in your state!
My favorite Premium Outlets stores:
1. J.Crew Factory – the look of J.Crew for a lot less
2. Saks OFF 5TH and Neiman Marcus Last Call – the best prices on brand-name items
3. Victoria’s Secret – swimsuits for only $10
4. Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade – brands I love but at a better price
5. Dressbarn – a store you won’t find at the regular mall and they have cute dresses
What are your favorite shopping tips and stores at Simon Premium Outlets?
(Find your closest location here!)
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Simon Premium Outlets through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Simon Premium Outlets, all opinions are my own.