I'm a keynote speaker at one of my favorite conferences, FLBlogCon, today! The conference is sold out but you can watch some of the speakers throughout the day on their website. Also, in an effort to share more of what goes on behind the scenes at J's Everyday Fashion (and push myself out of my comfort zone, sharing this kind of thing makes me blush) here are some recent interviews and upcoming events that you might enjoy:
- A fun “about me” questionnaire with Fling Fashionista.
- A research project I participated in was picked up by The Atlantic. A great read about the behind the scenes of blogging; it links to my “Pushing Through the Darkness” post at the end.
- The Orlando Sentinel (our main newspaper) wrote an article about the business of blogging on the front page of the business section.
- Talking business and entrepreneurism on two podcasts: The Courageous Branding Summit and Career Tipper.
- Sharing my favorite shopping spots in Orlando on Stay.com.
Upcoming Events (*more details coming soon)
- Style presentation at the Wichita Art Museum in Wichita, KS on Saturday, 10/10.
- DRESSBAR new store concept unveiling with designer Carmen Marc Valvo on Thursday, 10/22 at the Premium Outlets on International Drive.*
- UCF Launchpad guest speaker on 11/2.
- Impeccable Pig anniversary event in Winter Park, FL on 11/5.*
- Femfessionals guest speaker on 12/2.
And now about today's outfit... I'm not wearing this today but I certainly plan to once the weather gets a bit colder here in Florida. The colors on this scarf instantly sold me, and it became very clear why once it arrived. I already had everything else - all these matching colors - in my closet! It created the perfect harmony within this outfit, and it's a great transitional piece for fall.
Scarf: H&M, $13
Tee: Urban Outfitters, $24
Jeans: Limited, $37 (similar, similar)
Hat: H&M, $30
Shoes: Chinese Laundry c/o, $50 (same, similar, similar)
Necklace: Old necklace with fringe from this necklace attached
Approx. dates: Jeans are 3 years ago. Shoes are 2 years ago. Scarf, tee and hat are recent.